Annually, we receive a large number of requests for donations from various organizations. Please note: The NCAA Bylaw 13.16.1 states,
"an institution shall not offer, provide or arrange financial assistance, directly or indirectly, to pay (in whole or in part) the costs of a prospect's (9th-12th grade) educational or other expenses." Therefore this donation can only be used by anyone who has not yet entered the 9th grade.
1) Donation requests must be submitted in writing, on company letterhead, at least 8-12 weeks prior to the event date. (This does not guarantee that your organization will have your request by the date of your event). The following items must be included on your company/organization's letterhead:
- Date of the event
- How the item(s) will be used (raffle, door prize, auction, etc.)
- What/who the proceeds will benefit
- To whom and where a response should be directed
- The company/organization address, phone, fax number and Tax ID number.
2) It has become increasingly more difficult to provide items to meet everyone's needs while remaining financially stable. For this reason, complimentary tickets will not be provided.
3) If your request for a donation is approved, we will ask the appropriate head coach to autograph one (1) provided item, such as a ball. Do not send item in until your request is approved.
4) A ball or other item to be signed must be provided by the organization requesting the signature. Autograph footballs and basketballs are available for purchase from the GVSU athletic department.
5) Due to the volume of requests, organizations are limited to one request per year.
6) Donations are limited to those organizations located within the State of Michigan.
7) You MUST provide return postage. Please send all requests to:
Grand Valley State Athletics
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401
Fax to: Donation Request
*Request will only be considered if received in writing by mail or fax*